If you want to be a good developer, you should try IntelliJ and switch to Git.
Having played with Spring Tools Suite, an Eclipse based IDE for more than six weeks. How do I feel? I hate it. Buggy and inconsistent. Unexpected behaviour should easily waste a few hours to figure out and workaround. Eclipse is no better. A fat blow-ware, confliction between different plugins …
IntelliJ has a lot goodies, bit by bit, piece by piece. Saving a few keystroke are not big deal to carry one task, but to do it thousand times, even one keystroke less can save your life.
Deano has barracked for IntelliJ long time ago. You have to really try it by yourself, feel it by yourself, understand it by yourself, then convince you how good it is. IntelliJ will become my major development platform for JEE and Grails project.
Git, how many time I have to remind you how quick and lighting fast it is?
Setting up a new Git repository on my MacBook Pro tonight, 15MB big source codes initialised, pulled, pushed out and into repository. Everything just bang, bang, bang. Even Perforce never impress me so much.
95% time you only need run git on command line. The other 5% time I switch to SmartGit on Mac is to have a look graphic branch history.
Don’t be a loser. Good tools help and accelerate your work, and leave a smile on your face after job done …
» और अधिक पढ़ें: Git and IntelliJ for impatient and not-very-happy developers