• Google's IPO raised $2,718,281,828 on April 29, 2004, this alludes to Google's corporate culture with a touch of mathematical humor as e ≈ 2.718281828. The share price jumped 18% on the first day of trade. If you held on to it you would be 500% richer today.
• Facebook is projected to raise as much as $5 billion, making company market value as $100 billion.
$ Business model
• Google's advertising business is based on search. Google’s ads are effective because they are presented when people are looking for something specific.
• Facebook and Mark "Sucker" Zuckerberg are convincing and encouraging hundreds us to share our deeds, reveal our innermost thoughts, profane or profound, online, in short to be more open and connected, so they can then sell more our data at a higher price to advertisers. According to the Onion, a satirical publication, the whole thing was the CIA’s idea; digging up this amount of information the old-fashioned way would have cost the spooks a fortune.
• Google's asset including your personal data and illegal Intellectual Properties.
• Facebook's only asset is your personal data.
$ Income stream
• Google’s search ads command higher rates, about $2 showing an ad per 1000 impressions.
• Facebook charges advertisers an ad per 1000 impressions (CPM – cost per mile) is around 22c. And the effectiveness of Facebook advertising is trickier to measure. Facebook also sells "virtual currency"to people who pay for games, to buy bigger and powerful weapons.
$ Total revenue
• Google is estimated to have made $40 billion from advertising last year.
• Facebook made $3.7 billion in revenue last year, which seems a lot but Apple makes that in just three weeks.
• Facebook's half of all users check in via mobile phones, the smaller screen hardly serve ads and make more dough.
• Google's users are swimming and surfing on desktop, smart phones, tablets, TVs, any place you want to search and have an internet connection.
$ Online behaviour
• Google is for when you're googling for an answer, e.g., "Who's Jay Z?" "The cool guy who married Beyonce." Which Google sells targeted, and increasingly expensive, advertisement against.
• Facebook users on "Facey", as middle-aged women are prone to calling it, are chatting to friends, stalking ex-girlfriends, playing brainless cyber games, or doing any odd things except being engaging with advertisers' messages.
» Read more: Google vs. Facebook face off